Engine Co. 7 is located at 1917 Luzerne st. In addition Truck no. 1, the departments’ spare ladder truck, and Attack no. 1, the departments’ brush unit, are stored here. This location has the facilities to repair our fire helmets. Engine Co. 7 responds to West Side, Bellevue, West Mountain and Keyser Valley as its first due area. When called on a second alarm it will go to North Scranton and parts of Central City. And when requested Engine Co. 7 will assist Taylor VFD and Newton Ransom VFD.
Engine Co. 7 was located at 910 S. Main ave. prior to residing at its current location. In an effort to consolidate companies, a new station was built on Luzerne st. to house Engine Co.7 and Engine co.14 in 1980. The building on S. Main ave would be used for storage by the city until it was destroyed by fire in 1985. Engine Co. 14’s station was located 109 N. Cameron ave and would be torn down. Engine co. 14 would be disbanded in 1996.
Engine 7 is a 1997 Ferrara pumper with a 1250 gpm pump and a 750 gallon booster tank. Engine Co. 7 has four firefighters assigned to it.
(Photos from the Mark Boock Collection)
A 1907 Combination Hose Wagon carrying 800 ft of 2 1/2" hose and 200 ft of chemical hose shown at S. Main Avenue. In the picture is Captain John James Sr.
A 1943 Seagrave with a 750 gpm pump shown at S. Main ave
A 1967 American La France Pioneer shown at S. Main ave.
without revolving roof light due to accidental damage